Electrical deaths recorded in indiana

The crane operator was Robert Forepaugh pictured, left side of picture , 68, the owner of the demolition company that was subcontracted by JDM Materials. One of the other workers killed was Forepaugh's nephew, George Frederick pictured, right side of picture , I don't know how long it actually took," Strickland said.

The a.

Hours after the disaster, a 7, volt electrical line remained draped over its boom. Strickland said the three worked for a Bensalem company that had been hired to demolish an old structure at the plant.

Witnesses said the crane was backing up when it ran into the wires, Strickland said. Homes across from the construction site were evacuated so people would not enter the area around the electrocution because electricity goes into the ground.

Navigation menu

About people were without power for about an hour. Power continues to be off at the plant, but is expected to be back Friday. Gobain Containers late Tuesday morning. The call came in at a. The affected individual was working with an outside contractor; information was unavailable on the nature of that work. Those were cancelled en route, however, when other workmen on the scene were able to get an elevator in the tower working again.

The man was transported to Baylor Medical Center in Waxahachie by East Texas, with the fire department clearing at a. A spokesman for St. Gobain said the worker was treated and released after about four hours at the hospital. The incident is under investigation, she said. AP — A well-drilling rig hit a high-voltage power line at a construction site, killing a father and son, authorities said.

Martin Schafer, 49, and his year-old son, Benjamin, died in the Friday evening accident at the Mount Pocahontas housing development, according to the Carbon County coroner's office. Their rig tilted on soft ground, causing it to hit the power line, police said. Colleagues said the hardworking pair were trying to finish a job after working all day. Last year, another man was electrocuted in Carbon County when he tried to pull his dog away from a power line that fell to the ground in Hickory Run State Park.

The accident was reported shortly after 2 p. Oakwood Road, a statement from the Franklin Police Department said, after the victim, a year-old man from Muskego, and two other workers had just set the pole into the ground. As the crew was lowering the boom on a utility truck, the boom touched a live wire, causing electrical current to run through the boom, the truck and a piece of equipment that was connected to the truck and which the victim was holding, the statement said.

Police did not release the man's name. We Energies spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said late Thursday she had no information on the accident, which is under investigation by the utility, the Franklin Police Department, the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office and the U. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Paul Psaila received a fatal electric shock when he touched a piece of metal carrying a volt current from a live electricity cable attached to the garage roof of a suburban Rosanna home unit on February 9, But outside the court, the victim's widow, mother of three daughters Marie Psaila, said she thought the punishment "grossly inadequate, given that what happened cost my darling Paul his life".

Judge Michael Strong in the Victorian County Court said work on installing the cable had been carried out by two qualified and experienced linesmen seven weeks before Mr Psaila died. Insulation on the cable became damaged and a metal bracket "charged with electricity became a death trap". Mr Psaila died when he touched the bracket. The judge said the two linesmen, who were not charged with any offence, were men of experience and their work involved, or should have involved, checking the connection.

There was a need for electricity suppliers to realise that linesmen, however competent and experienced, will occasionally make mistakes with potentially lethal consequences, Justice Strong said. It was clear that what was lacking was an independent system of inspection, the judge said.


Most Popular Stories

AGL was last week convicted by a jury of failing to ensure that people other than its employees were not exposed to health and safety risks. The judge said it would be wrong to impose the maximum sentence because the breaches were not "blatant". After the sentencing, WorkSafe Victoria executive director John Merritt said: "This case supports WorkSafe's proposition that it is practicable to have a system for auditing and inspecting the installation of power cables and that doing these things can save lives.

In this case, the actions of AGL Electricity put others at risk and resulted in a man dying. The unidentified worker was taken to the hospital for observation. He works for a Michigan company, and company officials say the injuries are not life threatening. Authorities were told, the man was cutting through wiring in the ceiling of a building that's being rennovated, when the accident occured. The electric charge knocked Garland unconscious. Fire officials said the accident occurred about 75 feet in the air. His co-workers tried to help him until firefighters arrived. Eddie Havlice with the Webster Fire Department.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration officials said they are not sure why Garland was electrocuted and are conducting an investigation into the incident. WFD requested assistance from the Houston and Forest Bend fire departments when bringing him down from the power pole. Visitation was held Friday from 5 p. Funeral services took place Saturday at 10 a. Christopher St. Investigators found that the coal company had modified the mine's power substation without the state agency's approval, causing an unsafe working environment, the report said.

Also, the investigation found that mine electrician Numan Lambert and mine foreman and superintendent David Chambers allowed St. Clair to work in an unsafe situation, according to the report.

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States in 2015 – interactive

The agency ruled that Lambert and Chas cannot hold their positions in the state for at least a year, when they can reapply. Chambers said his attorney advised him to not comment on the report. Mine officials and all employees, including Lambert, were advised to not comment, he said. A second DEP investigation found that frictional heat generated by an improperly maintained coal belt likely started a fire that was discovered Jan. The fire, which burned for about a week and smoldered into February, started in a tunnel used to move miners and machinery along a two-mile block of coal.

More than 80 miners were alerted to the fire by carbon monoxide sensors and escaped without injury.

ITI Students Death with electrical Burns in Sirsa

Mine officials should have detected that the belt was faulty, the report said. The agency asked Consol to improve its firefighting and inspection techniques before it could reopen the mine. Joe Cerenzia, a spokesman for Consol, said the company disputed the report but declined further comment, citing a possible appeal. The line was supposed to be dead, but turned out to be a hot power line, officials said.

An apprentice from the North Houston Pole Company was working on a high line. The line was supposed to be dead and grounded -- apparently it was not. The apprentice touched the tower and the wire and was shocked," said Lt. The line carries approximately , volts. The crew from the North Houston Pole Company did CPR up in the air, on the high wire, for approximately 20 minutes before he was brought down by a bucket truck.

The fire department continued CPR and loaded him into life flight helicopter and was transported to [Memorial] Hermann Hospital in critical condition.

Indianapolis Indiana Home Security Systems and Home Automation | Guardian

A construction worker helping renovate a movie theater was electrocuted Tuesday. The worker was rushed to Florida Hospital in Altamonte Springs shortly after the 1 p. Dennis Stewart, a Casselberry Police Department spokesman. The worker's name was not released. Moments after the accident, a co-worker rushed next door to the Seminole County sheriff's district 5 office looking for help, said Steve Olson, a sheriff's office spokesman.

A sheriff's investigator and a sergeant responded, Olson said. Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the incident, Stewart said. The men were upgrading electric service on Hopkins Hill Road for an Amgen plant under construction. They were moving 7,volt electric lines onto new utility poles. They work for Hawkeye Construction of Patchogue, N. They had been working in the area for about six months. Today was supposed to be their last day on the job. Details of the a. He was taken by ambulance to Rhode Island Hospital in Providence.

Burglary Monitoring in Indianapolis

Another worker was taken to Kent County Hospital in Warwick. He apparently was not burned but was shaken up by the accident, which apparently involved a flash of fire. Their names were not available. It is the second serious accident involving high-voltage power lines in less than a week. On Tuesday in West Warwick, two workers were killed and a third was injured when aluminum scaffolding they were carrying came into contact with a 7,volt power line. Electric customers in the area today lost power for about a half hour.

He was working on a roof at Russell Aluminum in Sanford Monday morning. Fellow workers said he was found hanging from the pole, which was the apparent source of the shock. The man was reportedly alert when rescued.